Forced to sell my car

Page 2 of 2

If you want to carry on a personal thread than email me to cplass(@)shaw.ca
Joe Bloggs in the UK...?..
;-) DAS --
Would somebody please invoke Godwin's law on this thread?
--
Richard Sexton | Mercedes Parts: http://parts.mbz.org
Agreed- my apologies for getting involved in a political debate here.... and all I really wanted was to fix my AC.....

What was the statistic? 60% of americans believe that Saddam and Iraq were involved in 9/11 and 20-30% believe that WMD were found in Iraq? And anyone who thinks that the Iraq war as about "WMD" should just stick his head in the sand.
it's Canada Day long weekend here, I'll be back Wednesday.
http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/RRiraqWar.html
The Real Reasons for the Upcoming War With Iraq: A Macroeconomic and Geostrategic Analysis of the Unspoken Truth by W. Clark January 2003 (last revised 6 March) Independent Media Center www.indymedia.org
summary Although completely suppressed by the U.S. media and government, the answer to the Iraq enigma is simple yet shocking -- it is an oil currency war. The real reason for this upcoming war is this administration's goal of preventing further Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) momentum towards the euro as an oil transaction currency standard. However, in order to pre-empt OPEC, they need to gain geo-strategic control of Iraq along with its 2nd largest proven oil reserves. This essay will discuss the macroeconomics of the `petro-dollar' and the unpublicized but real threat to U.S. economic hegemony from the euro as an alternative oil transaction currency. The author advocates reform of the global monetary system including a dollar/euro currency `trading band' with reserve status parity, and a dual OPEC oil transaction standard. These reforms could potentially reduce future oil currency warfare.
That was only our justification, but I do think the reasons were rather simple....
THe Iraq war was about a lot of things.. I believe for the most part it was about the mid-east culture, er, crisis, and its effect on the world....
The Saudi royal family has a tenuos grip on power at best... the Saudi's don't like them, and the saudis like the US even less....We need a foothold in that region, and with our Saudi connection fading, and Germany France Russia & China tapping into the oil wealth of Iraq, really becoming allies with Iraq, we felt a need to stop it. Iraq was our best chance to go in, establish a presence in the area, set up bases and move military out of SA, and try to breed some pro-western sentiment as we've done in Qatar, Turkey, etc, to counter balance the anti-western indoctrination in the region...much like Nazi Germany, they have a large mass of uneducated people, and their gov'ts have realized that as long as they indoctinate them to hate the western world and distract them, they can stay in power....
Our goals are to stop both terrorist funding/harboring, etc... and a possible European counter-balance to our power, two things that our gov't has been asleep at the wheel on for nearly a decade....
This might be simple, but i just got home from a neil young concert and am ready for sleep....
if americans are generally mis-informed, i can't imagine what that says about the rest of the world...
agreed - i'm off to upstate ny for the weekend--- lets continue off the board, as i couldn't disagree with you more, and hence would love to hear more of what you have to say....
it's Canada Day long weekend here, I'll be

answer to the Iraq enigma is simple yet shocking -- it is an

administration's goal of preventing further Organization of the

transaction currency standard. However, in order to

its 2nd largest proven oil reserves. This essay will

real threat to U.S. economic hegemony from the euro as an

global monetary system including a dollar/euro currency

standard. These reforms could potentially reduce future

Quite personally, it's no business of the French why the "Americans" went to war with Iraq. American sucurity is not in their self-interest. The emphasis here is on "Self-Interest". I know this is hard for the French to comprehend, but with additional education, they will see it.
Michael
it's Canada Day long weekend here, I'll be

answer to the Iraq enigma is simple yet shocking -- it is an

administration's goal of preventing further Organization of the

transaction currency standard. However, in order to

its 2nd largest proven oil reserves. This essay will

real threat to U.S. economic hegemony from the euro as an

global monetary system including a dollar/euro currency

standard. These reforms could potentially reduce future

Yes, it was about US self-interest. Don't confuse this with US security.
Nice stereotype....
wrote:

rest of the world, except for stalwart allies such as

says...

of the world, except for stalwart allies such as

Cursed are the peacemakers for they shall be reviled.
"Ric"

I can't wait to see the advertisement. ;-)
FWIW - my 1999 C230 Kompressor sedan was at the dealer at least 20 times during the first 18 months or so for various and sundry problems. We worked our way through them one-by-one and now everything (for the past few years) is just grand. Of course, I was coming from the VW world into Mercedes world and so I was well used to car repairs. Their loaner program meant that I got to drive a wide variety of vehicles...
Good luck.

worked
years)
All they ever give me is a Smart! Interesting for five minutes - but not for sixteen weeks.

for
You know, all this stuff you say makes me glad I live in America. I brought in my 1985 380SE to have the radiator change (why would I go to a dealer you ask, because the labor rates are offset by the fact that they sell me parts at wholesale) and the free loaner my dealer gave me was a new E320. Richard
" it's important, especially as a bulwark against a potentially militarily rising Germany."
Yeah.....about 2 weeks worth based on 1940. And that was mostly running...