Freaky light thing

Every once in a while my 91 300CE does something strange. A few seconds after starting up, the lamp warning light on the dash will light up and stay on. While the light is on and I hit the right turn signal, it blinks about
twice as fast as normal. This only happens when the lamp warning light is on. Any ideas what could be causing this and what might be done about it?
Ben, Sounds like a loose bulb or poor connection at the turn signal bulb (when a turn signal bulb is out the flasher blinks very fast on the dash). I had a 1992 300E and had a similar problem, only mine was one of the lights on the right rear (not the stop light since it worked consistently). Only after I bought several packets of bulbs, retensioned several connectors and replaced all of them on that side (markers and all) the dash light went out and never came on again. Good luck.
Ben wrote:

Could be a bit of oxidation on one of the right side turn signal bulbs' contacts. Remove front and rear TS bulbs and wipe off their contacts.

THE EXACT same thing is happening to my 2001 C32. Looks like Mercedes still hasn't figured out how to make turn signals work. Every now and then it goes away and you think everything is fine....then it happens again. Try putting the hazard lights on and sometimes it goes away. I haven't had time to take it into the shop yet...as it is still under warranty. I'll update after I get a chance to take it in and find out what is wrong with it.