Front brake pad life expectancy on new E320, W211?

How many miles are normal before front pads require changing on a W211 (E320)? I understand the replacement is expensive as a result of the pressurized brake system (SBC). My 2000 C230K required pads at about 30K
miles and was just wondering about the pad life on our new E320.
Mike