Front passenger door lock mechanism, '79 300TD

Hey gang-
Today I took the door panel off of the front passenger door to try to diagnose what's up with the locking mechanism.
Symptom: door does not lock when driver door lock is engaged, however
door does unlock when driver door is unlocked and vacuum is charged. Watching the mechanism, the actuator from the vacuum valve is sliding down in a slot that would activate the lock, were the slot not there...
It appears, by looking at the service manual, that there's supposed to be a little spring that makes the locking mechanism activate, but I do not appear to have this part. Does anyone have any suggestions for this piece? I can't figure out how to search for this type of thing at Autohaus nor at Performance.
thanks, -tom!
They are called override springs. It takes 2. Available from your dealer. Open the little end, hook on rod, use needle nose pliers to install the long end.