Front Spring Perches

Hi All
Can anyone give me any info if it is a big job to get Front Spring Perches fitted to my W210 E320 1996. The other day the passenger side just gave way
and the spring popped out.
apparently I cant get it done on insurance, because it is a known fault. Any info would be great
Regards Oli
Let the body shop or Mercedes dealer do the job for you. The spring job on Mercedes is a very specialized and dangerous job that requires special spring compressor and lots of safety procedures.
That job would probably at least involve welding and replacement parts.
Actually, he needs to have the spring perch re-welded to the chassis, since the spring is already out due to the perch failure. W210 cars, especially those operated in corrosive climates (salted roads) are having many failures.

Many thank for your replies. Yes I have found out from a garage here in the UK that they have this problem come in twice a fortnight. Lucky I was not going very fast when the perch decided to give way, quite a major flaw in the design for a prestige car maker. A new perch only costs 17.
regards
It seems to be the problem on early W210... but I have not heard of later versions.