Front suspension defect

Today I had to have our '97 E300 towed to the dealer because the front upper spring collar was seperating from the frame. I had suggested (to the dealer) that this should be considered as a manufacturer's deffect but he
denied any re-call issue.
Yeah-sure!! What else would he say when he socks it to me for the repair. You'd think that you were buying quality engineering? Well, think again.. (ha-ha) I'll go back to my dependable SUV with over 300K miles (and still running, non-quality, non luxurious, BUT- dependable buggy.)
Anybody else having this problem - speak up. I'm having a hard time believing this was a result of runnung over a pot-hole.
This most definitely is a safety issue and it's inexusable for them not to address this notoriously weak mount.
So far there are about 25 complaints issued to the NHTSA for this very same problem on that same make/model/year.
You can add your complaint here: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq /
Just don't put in any personal info into the body of the details since it does become public record.
Report them to NTSB on this matter.

Good idea.
Today I had our C230 towed for exactly the same reason, One coil spring top support completely came off and the spring popped out leaving the front of the car on the ground, at the shop I found that the other side has about 3/4 of the weld cracked . I was visting friends and ther is no Dealer within 75 miles but it looks like I will have to replace the entire firewall on both sides to correct the problem at an estimated cost of 3000.00 Does anyone no of another fix or it Mercedes has put in any recall on this saftey issue?