Frum tha boyz in tha bak

Them ole boyz in tha bak a tha kar whut partys on iz realll ticked off. We dun kume out here to tha city by tha bay, Sam Fran's Disco. An we dun flyed on a
big ole plane wif jet engines an all. An we got here an had ta go ta rent a kar. An it took us longer to git to tha kar rental place than it did to get here from the East Coast durn near! 90 minutes after the flight landed to get into the car and be driving out of the stinking airport!! AVOID THE RE-DONE San Franciso AIRPORT AT ALL COSTS IF YOU HAVE TO RENT A CAR !!!!!!!!!!!! Use Oakland or San Jose if you have to fly into the bay area. The journey to the car rental is an incredible screw up! You have to lug all your luggage down to the basement, through tunnels, up elevators, up stairs, up escelators, through parking garages, into more elevators, and finaly into a train and then only a few hundred more yards through the rental place out to the cars where you only have to hike a few hundred more yards. STUPID !!!!! And these IDIOTS probably DRAINED TAX MONEY from needed items to do this. VOTE TO CANCEL ALL FUNDING FOR CALIFORNIA OR AT LEAST FOR AIRPORT IMPROVEMENTS IN CA. I guess they call it the golden state for the golden fluid in their heads!!!!!!!
mcbrue exhaustedly out from under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
I feel exhausted just reading that...
Last April in LA I tried another trick. Took shuttle bus to my hotel near airport. A day later I moseyed on down to the car hire desk in the hotel lobby ("Enterprise Rent-A-Car"). Booked a car, was driven to the rental company's car park, signed the contract, presented with a brand-new, just-off-the-delivery-truck vehicle and that was that. Very civilised.
Funnily enough I had also arrived in California from the 'East Coast', albeit from a bit further north (Toronto). Is there a significance...???
;-) DAS --
Dori Schmetterling wrote:

Did you see the Stones?
I wonder if they drive Mercs? ( Back on topic! )
.
No, I didn't see the Stones, but I bet they've trashed a few Mercs in their time...
BTW, I saw them in Wembley Stadium in London many years ago. Not a nice experience. I much rather go to Bill Wyman's hamburger joint (Sticky Fingers) in my part of London (like Hard Rock Cafe, only nicer and unfranchised), admire the memorabilia and listen mostly to Stones music and eat quite decent food.
Oh, and do I get there by Mercedes... (to hint at the topic...)
DAS --
. . .And you wondered why we were recalling Governor Davis?? Thanks to all of you who help us to spread the word, McBrue!
Jerry Wolfram '78 450 SL - 210K miles
MCBRUE wrote:

: . . .And you wondered why we were recalling Governor Davis?? Thanks to all of : you who help us to spread the word, McBrue! : : Jerry Wolfram : '78 450 SL - 210K miles : Yeah, but now what cha gonna dew wiff him, recycle him? Isn't that California style? LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist saying that.
Helen
Helen -
Not a problem. . . We have a different colored barrel that we put out on Tuesdays for things that aren't recyclable. Same bunch of guys pick it up.
Jerry Wolfram '78 450 SL - 210K miles (and *definitely* recyclable!)
Helen wrote:

Do we need to guess which color barrel will be put out for Gov Davis? Naw. I think we all know the answer to that one. ;) LOL!! BTW on the left coast state with no money, where are they getting the big bucks for the election (re-call ...errr call again?, campaign)? I suppose the taxpayers can add that to their tab? Hopefully it will be the tab of the left coast TP's only. I was just thinking that if you are successful in your recall, that could (wishful thinking) be an example for other states to follow. I read that Senator Feinstein might be the back-up candidate in case Davis looses. I personally think it will be an exercise in futility and that Gov Davis will be right there in Sacramento at this time next year. ... All that money wasted?
Helen
: > : . . .And you wondered why we were recalling Governor Davis?? Thanks to all of : > : you who help us to spread the word, McBrue! : > : : > : Jerry Wolfram : > : '78 450 SL - 210K miles : > : : > Yeah, but now what cha gonna dew wiff him, recycle him? Isn't that California style? LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist saying that. : > : > Helen
Helen -
It's a question of cutting your losses. If your governor is going to be allowed to squander billions on the services of companies like Enron to avoid future summer blackouts, a mere $35 million for a recall election seems like a good investment and a bargain. Please don't worry about the right coasters having to bear the financial consequences; it's not your auto registration that's being tripled next year, or your services being cut.
Jerry Wolfram '78 450 SL - 210K miles
Helen wrote:

$100 Million, including the graft!
Other than that, how was Northern California?
McBrue,
Did you fly all the way out to California to put down your $3,500 and get your 60 signatures to add your name to the California ballot for Governor?
Pete Cowper (1987 300E)