FS: 1956 Mercedes Benz 300 SL GULLWING GBP35000

Hello all i want to sell my Mecedes Benz Car. Here is some details.
1956 MERCEDES BENZ 300 SL 'GULLWING' COUPE, SILVER WITH BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR,
SUPERB ORIGINAL CAR, VERY LATE PRODUCTION, ORIGINAL DB180 SILVER CAR WITH LOVELY ORIGINAL LEATHER, 83,000 MILES, ORIGINAL TOOLKIT, RUNS & DRIVES VERY WELL
I will sell the car for GBP 35000 With down payment is GBP 5000 Using bank wire transfer.
Dont Hestitate to email me regarding this car. I will be happy reply your email.
My email address is snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
ReginaT wrote:

What's wrong with your offer???
GBP 35000 is Euro 52000 - and that for a 1956 300 SL Gullwing which _RUNS & DRIVES VERY WELL_???
So what's wrong with the vehicle???
Juergen
Mmm... Juergen... this may be your ticket for supplemental income if for real.
Tiger wrote:

IF - but I more than seriously doubt it as any classic car dealer would happily pay more than 35000 GBP IF the car is ok; but as _RUNS & DRIVES VERY WELL_ leaves MUCH room for interpreting it must be a near-wreck.
Juergen
my dealership in Victoria BC recently had one for sale for around 200,000 CDN, so 35,000 quid seems just a little low.
Juergen . wrote:

Don't ask too many questions. Just buy it before the price goes up...
DAS
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

If it is too good to be true it is not true
Juergen
You never know until you get to the bottom of it.
Tiger wrote:

It is not true because of

_Down payment_, _GBP 5000_ and _Bank wire transfer_ are the terms of importance here - the same old scam as can be seen on Ebay every day when unbelievably low-priced high-tech items are for auction and you shall send the money via Western Union: That is a way of payment where the receiver acn remain completely anonymous, see e.g. http://scams.flipshark.com/westernunion.html
Juergen

Definitely a case where one needs to drive before buying.
"L. Cook" wrote:

In the meantime I got the info from the Lady that the car is in Indonesia and that she will send me photos...
Juergen
Indonesia... wow... That's a little far away to look at the car Juergen.
"Dori A Schmetterling" wrote in message

It would be wrong to exploit the seller's ignorance to accomplish what would effecively be legal theft.
Of course, like Juergen said, it must be a scam.
.

In my experience, sellers are NEVER ignorant... at least not in THAT direction!
This is no doubt a Nigerian Bank repossession being offered for quick sale.
Pete Cowper (1987 300E)
An eBay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item $85146902&categoryc38
It's selling for $185.000,