fuel distributor

I have a 1989 560 SEL. How hard is it to change out the fuel distributor? It appears to have 3 Phillips head screws that hold it on. What is the correct
procedure for replacing it? Thanks.
Not hard.
I haven't seen the V8 distributor in a while... I got one in my garage... On mine, it was like two flat head screws.
You loosen up all fuel lines... then remove the two or three screws... pull up and remove. You should have new oring for the replacement distributor if it is used.
Put it back in... work all fuel lines in... make sure it threads normally. If it sticks or binds, it is not threaded right... so redo it. The trick is not to tighten any lines into place until all lines are attached... then tighten them all up.
Now, by removing and replacing the fuel distributor, the fuel mixture ratio is way off... car may or may not start. Most of time, it won't startup. You have to push down and engage the fuel mixture screw... turn 1/2 turn clockwise or counterclockwise at a time until engine starts up...
You have to try, stop, adjust, try, stop and adjust... repeat as often needed to get engine started.... if clockwise doesn't work up to 2 full turns then turn counter clockwise 2.5 times to see if it starts...
Once the car starts, you have to adjust the fuel mixture a little at a time... maybe 1/16 turn at a time until engine smooths out and purrs. You squirt tiny bit of carb cleaner into the intake... if engine stumbles, then it is too rich... if engine speeds up ever so tiny, you got it just right.