Fuel Gauge

Can anyone help me on this one - my fuel gauge on my mercedes c200 { 1995 model 202 } is aratic One minite it is showing some petrol in tank , then the next reading nothing at all Your comments on this greatly appreciated

Reply to
mercman62

Common problem: bad senders. Replace both as a set.

Reply to
Karl

Thanks for that , can you tell me where senders are on these models - is it much of a job to replace them ? Thanks Rob

Reply to
mercman62

Under the car on the bottom of each fuel tank. One side has a transfer pump in it. #35 and #17 here:

you have to drain the tanks and have a special tool.http://www.zdmak.com/wbstore/main.asp?ACTION=prod&TYPE=&CTMP=1&CAT=&SUB=&PROD=&Search=fuel%20sender&LowCt=0&PG=

Reply to
Karl