fuel gauge translation

hi, i cannot find what the 'R' on the fuel gauge stands for. our best guess so far is "Reserve". can anyone expand on this?
thanx

measlymonkey wrote:

Reserve is right - in that case the German word Reserve is the same as the English word reserve
Juergen from Germany
Juergen . wrote:

Heh,
It's more "intutive" than the other system, where I heard that one lady thought that 'E' meant 'enough' and 'F' meant 'finished'!
;)
Cheers, WS
--
change to leews to mail

Lee Wei Shun wrote:

ROTFL!!
Juergen
and you are right!
stands for "Reserve" same meaning in German, as in English.
Alex
PS juergen allready answered...at the same time :O)

According to my computer timestamp Juergen beat you to it by 5 whole minutes...
DAS --
Since I _up_graded to a 72 PS W123 diesel I am always _very_ early! ;-)))))