fuel line size to order

Hello
My 1984 300 D turbo diesel has sprung a leak and I need to order some new injector lines. Is it better to order a few feet and make my own or purchase a new complete set? What size hose is it and does anybody
recommend a good supplier of fuel line and filters? My local NAPA dealer sells the air filter.
I have recently ran a few tanks of B20 biodiesel and have heard that this fuel could cause some deterioration in fuel lines and also plug filters. I have owned the vehicle about nine months now and purchased it from a nice fellow in Dallas.
Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@buggyridge.com

Injector lines or fuel lines? Big difference. Don't mess with the injector lines. Put in the wrong type and you'll be walking home like my brother did.
cp
Jim wrote:

It wasn't the B-20. You can run that forever. This would be a sterling oppertunity to convert all your rubber fuel lines into biofuel capable lines. They sell kits to do them all at once.
The leaking bleed-off hoses you cite as the current problem simply dry out and leak - their fabric cover prevents total breaks.
If you expect to run biodiesel ALL the car's fuel hoses ought to be changed. This co-op sells a kit to do that all at once.
http://www.greaseworks.org/index.php?module=pncommerce&func tegoryview&CategoryID
It is 1/8" ID that you need for the injector return lines. The word of advice is change all the fuel lines at this time... otherwise, somewhere else is gonna leak very soon if not instantly.

As a matter of interest I bought 6 feet of the Viton 1/8-inch ID hose from McMaster-Carr for something like $21 including postage.

You should be able to buy this for around a buck a foot at the auto parts store.
--
Roger Shoaf

If knowledge is power, and power corrupts, what does this say about the
Viton is not the same as regular rubber. I paid $15 a foot for MB braided hose from the stealer... and I am not sure what material is inside it...
I just replaced the injector return lines. You will need about 4 feet.
I used 1/8 inch and it was a real snug fit. I got this at an auto parts store in a podunk town. If you have the time order the German stuff with the cloth braid on the outside. It has a thinner wall and slips over the ports on the injector easier.
--

Roger Shoaf