fuel pressure

Can anyone tell me how my 73 mercedes 450sl, electronic fuel injected can flood itself out afer about 30 minutes, and all i can get is 40 lbs of pressure out of 80. I dont understand why it would flood instead of starve. i changed the pump and regulator. any ideas?

Reply to
450sl

The running pressure of the 72-75 EFI is 30 psi. 40 is too much pressure.

Are your spark plugs getting black? If yes, is the temp sensor connected on the snout of the air cleaner? If yes, have you clamped off the hose going to the cold start valve? They LEAK into the intake.

Reply to
Karl