Fuel Pump Problems

I have a 1985 500 SEL. The fuel pump went out. I took out the whole assembly. I replaced the pump and filter. I have hooked everything back up, and now it wont start. I belive the pump new pump is working because I had a leak, and I re-tightened it, so it lends me to believe the pump is working properly. Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the problem?

I knew it was the pump because it was buzzing very loud, and the car was hesitating on me, and I had to have it towed. Thanks

Reply to
VIPERS969