Fuel Smell - 1986 Mercedes 560SEL

I have a 1986 Mercedes 560SEL. recently it has started to give off a strong gas smell. I looked under the hood and could not find anything leaking. Is there somewhere else this can be coming from..Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Semaj

Reply to
Semaj3944

Remove the air cleaner assembly and look at the black unit on the drivers rear corner of the fuel distributor. It is probably leaking. It is called the EHA. Replace it IMMEDIATELY!!!

# 71 here:

Karl

.... funny how one's mind can be one track. I keep reading Karl's email as denglish. auf-ever. ie, forever in english. I have to keep reminding myslef that it's Au-Fever.... ever found any Karl? I used to go panning in northern BC when I worked up there in a mining camp.... could have made a meager living from the rivers

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Lots of fine stuff and small pickers...... an ounce is an ounce. I have about a dozen little bottles of it.

Biggest so far is a nugget just over 1 ounce. Found it in the high desert of Calif nears Randsburg.

I am moving to the coast of Oregon..... supposed to more there. We'll see :)

Reply to
Karl

.... that nugget is a nice find. Suprised at the location though, but what do I know. re Oregon, never mind the gold... it's beautiful there

-cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Thanks "Karl"