Fuse #7

Hi My problem is that fuse nr 7 on my '87 300D blows all the time. I wonder if anyone has had the same problem, and if so, what to do with it?

If fuse #7 is involved with the transmission kickdown switch (I don't know if it is or not) then you ought to check the wires to the kickdown switch (under the car). The switch is mounted under the floor, below the accelerator. Some owners have found the wires to this switch without insulation and shorting.

It involves the kickdown switch. I will check it now.