G-Wagen clutch master cylinder.

Hello there,

Does anyone know if there is a repair kit available (rubber seals) for the clutch master-cylinder of a 460 series G-Wagen?

The clutch starts to drag when I am manouvering, but is ok when I am just going along the road and shifting from one gear to another, but if I am backing up the trailer and manouvering it starts to drag, or if I keep the clutch depressed for too long whilst I am in gear the clutch will eventually engage with the pedal depressed.

There is no loss of fluid, which tells me that the problem is in the master-cylinder seals (the fluid getting back past them) and not in the slave cylinder, as if that were the case there would be a fluid loss.

The vehicle is a 1983 model, so the master cylinder is more than likely to be the same as on the manual box 123 series Merc saloons.

Any imput on my diagnosis of the problem, and a source of after-market seals, especially from the US, would be appreciated.

Reply to
Gerald L R Stubbs

Yes, of course and for all hydraulic cylinder if you want. There is the number of the repair kit clutch master-cylinder : A 000 290 19

12 Be carrefull, because I think the problem is a leak in the slave cylinder and the oil go into the clutch box(It is possible). A other problem is a most heating because the exhaust system is near the slave cylinder.(The protection is perhaps gone) Salutations and excuse my bad english(I'm from Belgium) Michel Michiels (G fan)

"Gerald L R Stubbs" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk...

Reply to
Mitchie