Garage door buttons

Our Mercedes loaner has the universal transmitter on the=20 mirror. However, I don't know how to reset it to our doors.=20 I understand how to reset our receiver on the openers, but=20 don't know how to clone the transmitter to the mirror.=20 After pressing the two outside buttons for 30 seconds to=20 clear all old codes, what do I then do next?

--=20 =D0=CF=11=E0=A1=B1=1A=E1

Reply to
Mark and Gloria Hagwood

You don't say what model of MB it is and this makes a difference.

Door openers often have rolling codes these days and that makes a difference.

Good place to start, is the car's owners manual - it has instructions. If it is an older car, and you have rolling codes, you may have to look at the door opener manual or contact the manufacturer.

"Mark and Gloria Hagwood" wrote in message news:gWMyd.1525$Q%4.1143@fed1read06... Our Mercedes loaner has the universal transmitter on the mirror. However, I don't know how to reset it to our doors. I understand how to reset our receiver on the openers, but don't know how to clone the transmitter to the mirror. After pressing the two outside buttons for 30 seconds to clear all old codes, what do I then do next?

Reply to
Jack

It's a loaner car... leave it alone. Unless you plan on keeping the car for a long time. The process is simple... first do a reset... push and hold first and third button for 15 seconds. Then you have to program the first button to your garage door remote... meaning you need the actual original transmitter... hold 4 inches away from buttons... press and hold your original remote... then hold the button you want to program until it flashes real fast... then finally you need to press the learning button on garage door opener... and press the buton in car a couple of times.

Do this with ignition ON.

Reply to
Tiger

Thank you.

Mark

--=20 =D0=CF=11=E0=A1=B1=1A=E1

Reply to
Mark and Gloria Hagwood

Yeah, if it's a loaner for his Mercedes-Benz that's in the shop, he might have it a while ;-)

It's more like 20 seconds and you will know it has reset and erased any learned codes because the amber light will flash.

If you have a rolling code garage door opener, you will then need to activate the programming function on the opener itself. This varies by model, but is often a button on the backside of the motor housing. For example, on my Sears model, it;s an orange button that you press once and then the light next to it will blink. After that, you press the Homelink button you just programmed on the car, and all is done.

Since this is a loaner, you should probably erase the Homelink memory when you return it but repeating the first step of holding the first and third buttons down until the light blinks. By the way, the customer services reps at 1-800-FOR-MERC are usually pretty good at helping you through this. They ask a few questions about the make and model of your opener and then they can tell you exactly what to do.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill