Garage Door Opener Problem.

My 2000 S430 has garage door opener buttons built-in on the bottom edge of the rear view mirror. Lately the door opener motor has occasionally not responded to button presses, and occasionally responded only after many presses. The opener motor responds OK to presses of its own hand-held button devices that came with the door originally. Any ideas?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Morgan

Presume, like my E Class, unless battery operated your engine must be running when you mash the button!!!

Reply to
jhayes

You can reset the button by reprogramming your garage door opener again... press the memory button on the garage door opener and then press the button in the car twice or more and you should see the garage door opener light flashes... meaning it recognize your remote.

Reply to
Tiger