Garage opener in Mercedes C-230, questions

Hi, all:
My neighbor just bought a Mercedes C-230 and he was asking me for help to program his build-in garage opener remote control that integrated into the interior rear view mirror in his C-230. We followed through
the user's manual (p.231-235), but it simply won't work. His garage is using a "Genie Pro Stealth" garage opener which I believe has the "rolling code" feature. We did find the "training" button located on the Genie Stealth Pro garage door opener motor head unit, after we pushed the button and the "training light" is activated, we firmly pressed, holded for two seconds and release the programmed integrated signal transmitter button and repeat the steps 2-3 times, but it just won't work. It is really frustrating. Anyone know how to make it work?? Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (T.T.) wrote in message

First try programming it like this:
Push the learn code button momentarily. The radio signal indicator L.E.D. will blink approximately two times per second. Push the transmitter button once within 30 seconds. The radio signal indicator will stay lit solid. Push the exact same transmitter button again within 30 seconds. The radio signal indicator will go out and the transmitter will now operate the door.
Or if he has a genie transmitter coded in the car trans should be able to learn the genie trans by following Home Links instructions http://www.homelink.com/program/programming.tml
Doordoc www.DoorsAndOpeners.com
-

It won't work with the rolling code type of opener. I have an Overhead Door type with that same code dodger technology. I had to get them to put an old circuit board in it that has a plain digital receiver. Now my garage door opens. I've had to replace the motor in my door opener and took the old board out and put it in the new one.
Hope this helps, Rob

Either you have an older HomeLink (pre-1999?) that does not support rolling codes, or you have some sort of strange opener that uses a frequency not supported by the HomeLink (which is doubtful). On the rolling code system, it requires two steps. On step is to have the HomeLink button in the car learn from your opener's remote. Then you have to have the opener's receiver learn from the HomeLink. I have yet to encounter an opener that I could not program into a HomeLink.
--

- RODNEY