Garmin 2610 Installation with RAM Mount

I love this, had to post pics. Car is a 2000 MB E320.

I purchased a second power cable with the speaker. I cut off the 12v cigarette lighter plug and hardwired it to a circuit that is hot when the car is ON. I buried the speaker just under the dashboard and routed the cable behind the dash and up about the middel of the windshield. I use a RAM mount to hold the Garmin 2610. With the speaker volume set to 10, the audio is quite loud and no problem to hear.

No messy wires hanging around and easy to take the 2610 off the RAM mount when I don't want to leave it in the vehicle.

Bob

Reply to
AE1M

Neat installation. Maybe RAM should make a combo mount to take both a GPS and a Valentine (or other RWR).

Reply to
mr_physics

Excellent! I like it! I just got my 2610 this last weekend and I also got a Valentine. Where did you get the RAM mount?

Reply to
Don Holmes

I ordered my from GPS City. gpscity.com

Bob

"D>Excellent! I like it! I just got my 2610 this last weekend and I also got a

********************************************* ** PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT use your REPLY ** ** button to reply to this message. ** ** ** ** REPLIES--> snipped-for-privacy@XXXae1m.com ** ** Remove the XXX ** ** ** *********************************************
Reply to
Bob

Excellent! Which RAM mounts did you use? I went to GPSCity and there are many to choose from but I like your choice best!

Bill

Reply to
Bill O'Connor

Here's the details right from my order confirmation:

RAM Aluminum StreetPilot 2610 4'' Suction Cup Mount, P/N RAM-B-148-GA9U Item Price: $39.95

Bob

Reply to
AE1M

I did a similar install with my PDA in my 2003 E320. Purchased a Bluetooth GPS receiver which can sit anywhere in the car with no wired connection to the PDA. The navitgation software works great.

The Akron mount has a built in speaker with volume control and amplifies the sound for the directions from the PDA. I did not like the vent mount arrangement so I elected the suction cup for the windshield which can be easily removed when not in use. I also have full use of the PDA when not using it as a navigation device...one of the reasons I decided to go this route instead of getting the Garmin or the Magellan 700.

Take a look at:

The email address on the site is in error.

I could not get the images to load on your site...just the image data so if you could send me a couple via email I would like to see your setup. snipped-for-privacy@SPAMcox.net ...just remove the SPAM.

Jack

Reply to
NevadaJack

Nice photos. I also have a 2610 and a Valentine One. Did you have to turn of the "laser" on your V1 to keep it from going off when you use the 2610's remote?

I have my Valentine mounted on my visor and the 2610 in the bean bag mount on the dash. Every time I went to use the remote, the V1's laser would go off. Cops around here don't use laser so I just turned the laser feature off. Just curious if you have the same problems.

Reply to
<nospam