Gas Flap Vacuum Switch on 380sl

The gas flap on my 1981 380sl never locked, so i just assumed it wasn't supposed to. I just read, however, that it does have a vacuum switch, so I guess it was broken when i bought the car, since the
trunk switch seems to be on the same line and works fine.
Assuming i'm rigth, can anyone tell me where the gas flap vacuum switch is located and how hard it is to replace.
Thanks very much.
Pull the trunk liner/cover aside by the gas cover and you can see it.

That's where it is, but if it's shot, given what they typically cost to replace and given all it does is lock the fuel door, it wouldn't be high on my list of things to fix.