gas guage on '97 c-280 sport

Filled tank at a little less than a quarter full and gauge never moved to the full mark. The low fuel warning light flashes. Cannot find a relay for
this gauge only. Everything on the insturment panel still works. Any ideas?

Sticky gas gauge needle. This is a very common problem with 97 C280.
Is it common on a 98 ML320 as well???
I've got the same problem... thank you!

Uncle Vinnie wrote:

This is a common problem with MB in general. Treat your gas-tank with RedX (injectioncleaner - I have tried other brands but not with the same effect) the next few time that you tank and the problem will most likely go away.
--
Thomas

I will.. thanks.. you know, the first time I noticed it was when I cheated... I added mid grade (not premium...) But, I've had a few tanks of fuel since... thanks again..

Couldn't find RedX.. what's comparable here in the US?

*Uncle Vinnie wrote:

I dont know.... All I know is that I have tried several oteher cleaners but only RedX have done the trick.
Shame on you for trying mid-grade fuel ;-)
Send me an e-mail at
thomas dot kaarud REMovEthIS ( a ) netcom dot no
and I will check out where you can get the stuff.
--
Thomas