gas guage on '97 c-280 sport

Filled tank at a little less than a quarter full and gauge never moved to the full mark. The low fuel warning light flashes. Cannot find a relay for this gauge only. Everything on the insturment panel still works. Any ideas?

Reply to
bill

Sticky gas gauge needle. This is a very common problem with 97 C280.

Reply to
Curly

Is it common on a 98 ML320 as well???

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

This is a common problem with MB in general. Treat your gas-tank with RedX (injectioncleaner - I have tried other brands but not with the same effect) the next few time that you tank and the problem will most likely go away.

Reply to
Thomas

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

I dont know.... All I know is that I have tried several oteher cleaners but only RedX have done the trick.

Shame on you for trying mid-grade fuel ;-)

Send me an e-mail at

thomas dot kaarud REMovEthIS ( a ) netcom dot no

and I will check out where you can get the stuff.

Reply to
thomas