Gearbox oil for '84 240D?

My manual says that I should ask the local MBZ dealer what oil to use locally in a manual gearbox. I did just that and was told that I could come in and buy some. How
sweet :-(
Anyone know for sure. I live about 60 miles north of SFO.
I believe the Hypoid SAE 90 oil is what is used to top up the back axle.
TIA
RF
ATF or 10W oil...
NOT 90W!!!!!

Thank you Karl.
My Bedienungsanleitung says Hypoid-Getriebeoel SAE 90, 85 W 90 for the backaxle.
The gearbox has regular oil at present - no ATF.