Gearshift shutter / curtain / concertina R&R

this may have been covered before, but i've searched and searched....

i need to replace the dust cover / shutter under the auto gear lever on my UK model 1998 c250 tuirbodeisel auto.

i have the new part, and i've removed the gear knob and most of the trim to take me down to a substantial black cover over the gearshift mechanism.

however, it look like major surgery to remove this - 4(?) alan bolts then goodness-knows-what underneath.

does this whole thing need to come off in order to get in and replace the urtain - any special precautions to be aware of?

all help gratefully received!

TIA Paul

you can email me at paul dot green aatt totalise . co . uk (trying to beat the spambots)

Reply to
Paul J S Green