GEM, a small electric vehicle from DC

Dig this: http://www.gemcar.com/htmls/GemVehicles.htm
Only just discovered it. Never read about it in Europe. Who needs a Smart when you can have a GEM???
DAS --
They sell them here in California out in front of Costco. They are NEV's..... Neighborhood Electric Vehicles....a little snazzier than a golf cart! If I remember the sales pitch, they have a top speed of 40 mph and a range of around 50 miles before they need recharging!

Golf cart with flower hauling capability...
With open sides it would only be good this Aug in northern Europe. Wouldn't keep out the wind and rain but, I suppose, one could always stick on a tarpaulin...
DAS --
KINGLIFER's next high performance coup... *echoing evil laughter*