General Impression on 2000 E320

Just a general question for the group.....We bought a 2000 E 320 4 matic for my wife to replace a 12 year old Audi 90Q which was a wonderful car.....My wife was not impressed with the A6....for some reason...but I didnt argue...its her car. We got a pretty cherry E320, mostly as she liked the way it drove and you see zillions of them around here...this one came from Mercedes Lease. She wanted 4wd ..this one was available...bada bing.. Now the question..this thing has been in the shop 4 times for problems..its only got 35000 miles on it..but there has been steering noise...rattles, other problems that I would call nitpicks..but Im starting to get that feeling that this car is going to have problems. The Audi was a tank...had the original clutch at 143,000 miles...but never dissapointed us or left her stranded. I am meticulous about maintenance, oil change, fluid change, brakes.....etc. Been there done that with cars...researched it pretty good..its starmarked..and the dealer has been very good about fixing and servicing etc... Is there some sort of quality problem that has cropped up lately? I had 3 of my work colleagues swear by the Mercedes...we keep cars a long time...or am I being a little paranoid? TC

Reply to
TonyC

Thanks for your reply..yes its Starmarked to 100k miles .....they fixed the steering, something of a problem with that model year. Quite expensive but didnt cost me anything. I really didnt think much about the 4 wheel drive as the Audi(therefore) I assumed German long in the market cars never had a lick of problem with the drive train. 4matic has been out for a while. So Ill keep my fingers crossed. The dealer has been responsive, but just was curious if others with this model year had quality probs... TC

Reply to
TonyC

Yes .

Reply to