Getting sick from MB W202

Having some problems with the car from whitch the motor drops dead, in cold condition, the moment you set him in motion. So I went to the MB garage. After some tests they find a sollution. they replaced the air masse meter. Costs 543,22 euro A few days later they will call me from their sercvice department to find out if I was happy with the service profided.

So we went on holliday toe Belgium. Made a lot of kilometers and stayed at a hotel somewhere in the Luik area. Next morning we went on with the trip. Start the car shift it in motion and made a turn away from the hotelgrounds. Next I see was a huge truck with stones on it and the worst experiance I made was that from a car with a dead engine. We suvived and left a truckdriver who wants to seperate my head from my boddy.

We still didnt hear from the MB service. Being at home there was a call from a frendly lady who wants to know what we think of MB and their service and than in a range from 1-10. Seing the truch and the money I payed for sommething that wasnt fixed I give it a 1. Tha lady, a lite shocked, asked me why. So I told hear. See will pass it on an told me to expect a call within 2 working days. Well after 15 days I have had it and find MB site on the net where I droped my complaints.

10 days later I received a letter in wich the told me they had a manager linking with my problem and he wanted some contact. On the phone I made a deal with that manager. They wanted to readout the car computer to see what was wrong. So I went to an other garage to read the system out. They couldnt find a thing because the outside temperture was to high. So they told me to leave the car for a day or 3 to 4. They could rent me a replacement car for the time being. Gues what. Paying a fortune for a fix that didnt fixed it, renting a car for a period of about 4 day to find out whats wrong with it. I think all pass. I think next time a go to a garage where they fix a car properly. Thats where you pay a fortune for a repair thats done instead of paying for something that didnt help or fixed the problem. I have had it wth MB. A car I loved till I find out what it is to see a huge truck with rocks and a truckdriver who wants to split your head from your boddy. So If one wants some info about the Service from MB the Netherlands. I'm not the right person to give it. If one wants to share some MB experiance I love to give it, but i'm probebly not the right person to give is. Better is. I have a nice MB for sale. its a MB 180 station, elegance. For the right price we can make a deal. It's always nice to have some spare parts i would say.
Reply to
iznogood

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience.

Yes, some repair of a serious safety problem could get you into trouble if not fixed right.

I find it hard to find the right mechanic who actually does care about their work.

Where did you have it serviced? Independent or dealer?

Reply to
Tiger

OP said he went to a main dealer.

On the other hand I had good esperience in NL with a dealer, but issue was much smaller. I was there (from GB) and had a problem and was in hurry between meetings. I was able to drive into the garage, get my problem fixed and leave within a couple of hours (can't recall what it was).

NL has (or had) a dense network of dealers.

And I am reminded of a trip through Belgium when I noticed smoke coming out of the engine compartment on stopping at a motorway service station. I called the central Merc assistance number and a mechanic turned up in a Merc-labelled car within the hour. (Fortunately there was no problem. Brake fluid had been overfilled and it was burning in contact with the hot motor. Stopped on cooling. Mechanic drained some fluid.)

However, there are bad apples everywhere.

These incidents were in the 80s, another era. |Cannot say if better or worse now, but I get decent service from my chosen Merc garage in west London.

DAS

To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'

Reply to
DAS

"Tiger" schreef in bericht news:4c3dc6e3$0$31278$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net...

In this particular case I went to the dealer in the Netherlands.

Reply to
iznogood

Wow... that's some serious breach of confidence. Mercedes should own up to their mistake... which almost cost your family's life. I would be as angry as you are.

Call back that manager, tell him that you are disappointed that they didn't find anything wrong. Tell him, why don't you drive my car for the next few weeks and see if the car will die on him. If you think it will die on him in a week, then bet him a week. Make sure you record the mileage so that they actually have driven the car.

See what he says about that. Say if he is so confident that nothing is wrong with your car, then his family's safety would not be an issue in your car.

Tell him that you have no confidence in MB that you will dump that car and never buy MB ever again.

By the way, I like Netherland's soccer team way better than the Spainards... Netherland deserves the trophy.

Reply to
Tiger