Glow plug light does not go out

I have a c250 TD and whilst driving last week the glow plug heater light on the dashboard came on. Does anyone know what this indicates?

didja ever think that maybe the glow plugs are bad
If it never goes out, then you got a problem. The preglow relay is stuck on... and will burn out your glow plug if not done already. Get this fixed asap.
I don't know if it's the same one your mercedes (mine is a gas 404) but my VW diesel's glow plug light stay on when the water seperator has water in it.
doug