Glow Plug Light Stays Off

When I try to start my 1983 300 TDT, the glow plug timer light does not illuminate. When I unplug the glow plug wires from the timer, it lights. I've tried to check the glow plugs, and all of them seem to
register 0 ohms. I think they should be about 200 ohms, but don't understand how the would short. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Larry
They should around 0.6 ohm... set your ohmmeter to the lowest one... like 2 ohm or something like that... unless you have an automatic one.
Check your big fuse for the glow plugs.

The strip fuse is good. Checked and they do have some resistance--my meter is not that precise. I cleaned all the electrical connections in the timer including the posts for the strip fuse (I had recently replaced it) and it worked for at least 2 starts. Thanks, and here's hoping.
Get a better meter... they are not expensive.
On Mar 25, 9:57 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I have found thru personal experience that analog meter (with needle indicator) works best for a lot of automotive trouble shooting. Digital response is too slow. Also, if there is a slight temporary connect or disconnect, the needle reacts very quickly and you can observe the reaction. Sears and radio shack have good analog meters for under $20 US. Had a radio shack meter last 15 years b4 it died.