Glow plugs

Hello all. This is my question. Is there a trick to replace the last two glow plugs on a Mercedes Benz turbo diesel? These last two plugs are very difficult to reach at best!
Do we need to remove the oil filter housing to reach them? Thank you all Dan from Vancouver Canada
No problem on the old '78 - '85 5 cylinder turbos - BUT - one needs patience!
Access is from the top and one can turn only a bit, reverse the open end wrench and turn a bit more etc. etc.
Twirl a 1/4 inch metal drill bit in the GP cavity - just use your fingers - to cut the carbon deposits so the new GPs go in easily.
I find that reattaching the nut that clamps the GP's power lead is best done with a small socket but that a cardboard is still necessary to catch the ones that fall under the car.
Buy only Bosch or Beru GPs.
AND make sure you have a matching set! Some are 11V, some are 11.5V!

Yeah yeah and avoid the cheap Chinese Monarch plugs? Bah. Although they burn out more quickly they do burn hotter and lotsa old car owners prefer them.

Remove the injector rail. It's nowhere near as hard as you'd think, goes back on easy and takes a good half hour off the job.
Once it's off changing the glo plugs could not be easier. I wold never doit with the injector rails in place.
Hello Richard. Thank's for your help.But you mean to remove the all the pipes leading to each injectors?Will this cause a problem refitting them and restarting the car?Please explain to me as im not your everyday tech ....Thank's so much for your help!!

Yeah thats them. Steel pipes that go from the injector pump to the injectors. Undo the bolts at both ends, turn the whole unit as one, upside down, cover with a cloth and cover the holes they used to connect to, do your plugs then just put it back and tighen it up. It's really dead simple.
Thank you Sir!