Good service MB Park Royal

I have to give credit where it's due.

As I had run over a kerb I was concerned I had damaged the underside of my car. Last week I called my usual service point to ask when I could bring the car in to get it up on an hydraulic ramp. "Within the hour." I duly went.

The only damage was to two 'plugs' which rest on the jack ("jack take-up"), which I needed to replace (I looked personally). I had to order them at a princely total cost of GBP 3.53.

No labour charge.

They were supposed to call me when the parts were in, but they forgot, not a big crime. Today I rang; the parts were in and I could come and get 'em. They fitted the parts. No labour charge. Ok, it only took a few minutes, but still.

When I asked about a nearby car wash they did it themselves there and then.

And at my request they checked and greased my rear-wing-mounted antenna, which had been becoming difficult to unscrew. No charge.

All the while I was drinking their rather good coffee and hot chocolate.

I have reported good things about them before. So if you are in the west London area I recommend Mercedes-Benz Park Royal.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

So nice to hear positive stories!

Lists like this, by there design tend to focus on problems.

It would be wrong of anyone here reading this list to assume just because the list is all problems, that Mercedes cars are also all problems.

2c(US) Marty
Reply to
Martin Joseph

How true.

Now I know whom to patronize when I get my residence in England.

Park Royal should buy out McBrue's dealer.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

It's just a service garage, no sales showroom. It was established fairly recently in the wake of the reorganisation of Merc dealerships in the major city areas.

So far London, Birmingham and Manchester, but I gather they are working on expanding direct ownership into more areas.

The concept is that one is a client of, for example, Mercedes-Benz London, and one's records are available across all Merc-owned dealers in the city, so that it would not matter where one goes for a service.

There is a new scheme called "3 Plus", the membership of which is free for cars over three years old. Means 20% off servicing costs and free annual government roadworthiness tests ("MoT test") (which cost about GBP 41 IIRC). The purpose is to get people back from independents, among other things.

I have just booked my first MoT test appointment under this scheme for my

1993 190E. Because it is not carried out by the Merc garage itself I was allowed to contact the test station directly to make a while-you-wait appointment for the test, which takes about an hour. Merc will authorise the work so that I don't pay.

Not bad, so far, is it?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Direct ownership is a very good idea for the car owner and the manufacturer. There is no genuine "reason to be" for any other entity.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer