Got a 300SD

An '85 in Black pearl with 208k miles. One owner, real leather interior. Real nice shape. Didn't think I'd ever find one I liked. Talked the seller
(Mercedes new car dealer who took it in on trade for a new Merc) down to $2500 including tax&title. Surprised everything is in such nice shape, since it's actually in better condition than the '91 Audi 200 it's going to be supplementing/replacing (anyone looking to buy an Audi 200 20v turbo Quattro Avant?).
Anyway, it's still got the original Becker radio (tape player doesn't work) and speakers... after I get the minor rust around the bottoms of the doors taken care of I'm going to upgrade the sound a little. Has anyone here ever heard of putting speakers in the doors of a W126 sedan? I know the coupes had them, but I want to make sure there's room before I buy any equipment. Somehow I don't think the stock setup of two 3.5" speakers in the dash and two 4x6"s in the rear deck is going to cut it for my audio needs in that big cabin.
Ian D Blake - '91 200 20v TQ Avant '85 Mercedes 300SD

Ian,
Check the 87 420sel, which is alsoa 126 body. The 420 have speakers on the door panel. This will give an idea. I have an 84 300sd which is the same as the 85. My friend do have the 87 420sel.
Ray