Got me a SLK 230 K. Trouble!!!

I posted earlier about the cars disappinting performance.
A more serious thing happened now. The car stopped in the middle of the road. The engine just died! I pulled over and I had to wait at least 15 min
before it would start again.
The same thing happened on friday too. But that was when I tried to start the car. The engine started spinning and after 2 secs. it died. After about 20 min it would start normally. I took the car to the garage and the hooked it up to a computer. They said - nothing wrong. The battery was probably low. I accepted that explenation then . But now, hey.... When a battery is flat a car doesn't just stop in the middle of the road!?!??!
I fear it's the fuel pump....
Damn... Why did I sell my Alfa.....
R.

Replace the crank angle sensor. It may be something else, but these are suspect and replacing it is prudent.

min
suspect
You think so? I did a search on the web. The problems related to crank angle sensor give more like jerky motors. Mine seems to go smoothly but a bit dull. And occasionally it dies.
R.

A failing crank angle sensor is capable of intermittent stalling, no start, and jerky running. Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc. 425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201 http://www.ditmire.com 609-641-3392

And 99 times out of 100, it will NOT leave a fault code!
Air Mass Sensor is another favorite!!

start, and

Well... In fact I got my car back from the garage today. They replaced something that they called "ground module". I don't know how to translate it correctly to english from norwegian. It has something to do with distributing the electricity, as I understood. Immidielty when I started the car I noticed that the controls in the dashboard had much brighter light.
But wait till you hear this - they also found out that they have to replace the ecu. It's ordered from Germany and in a week and a halv I'll get it installed in my car. Luckily the garage will cover it. It costs a lot of money.
Rafael
What year is your car?
DAS

98
Yes, too young to give trouble as a matter of course!
DAS

it
the
replace
I'm glad to hear that the trouble seems to be fixed. My own '99 SLK has not given me any problems, so I was sorry to read that yours did. I hope that you enjoy the car from now on!

not
Thank you. It looks promising now. :-)