Got me a SLK 230 K. Trouble!!!

I posted earlier about the cars disappinting performance.

A more serious thing happened now. The car stopped in the middle of the road. The engine just died! I pulled over and I had to wait at least 15 min before it would start again.

The same thing happened on friday too. But that was when I tried to start the car. The engine started spinning and after 2 secs. it died. After about

20 min it would start normally. I took the car to the garage and the hooked it up to a computer. They said - nothing wrong. The battery was probably low. I accepted that explenation then . But now, hey.... When a battery is flat a car doesn't just stop in the middle of the road!?!??!

I fear it's the fuel pump....

Damn... Why did I sell my Alfa.....

R.

Reply to
Raffe

Replace the crank angle sensor. It may be something else, but these are suspect and replacing it is prudent.

Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire

A failing crank angle sensor is capable of intermittent stalling, no start, and jerky running. Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire

You think so? I did a search on the web. The problems related to crank angle sensor give more like jerky motors. Mine seems to go smoothly but a bit dull. And occasionally it dies.

R.

Reply to
Raffe

And 99 times out of 100, it will NOT leave a fault code!

Reply to
Karl

Air Mass Sensor is another favorite!!

Reply to
Beaker_uk

Well... In fact I got my car back from the garage today. They replaced something that they called "ground module". I don't know how to translate it correctly to english from norwegian. It has something to do with distributing the electricity, as I understood. Immidielty when I started the car I noticed that the controls in the dashboard had much brighter light.

But wait till you hear this - they also found out that they have to replace the ecu. It's ordered from Germany and in a week and a halv I'll get it installed in my car. Luckily the garage will cover it. It costs a lot of money.

Rafael

Reply to
Raffe

What year is your car?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

I'm glad to hear that the trouble seems to be fixed. My own '99 SLK has not given me any problems, so I was sorry to read that yours did. I hope that you enjoy the car from now on!

Reply to
John Cisarik

98
Reply to
Raffe

Thank you. It looks promising now. :-)

Reply to
Raffe

Yes, too young to give trouble as a matter of course!

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling