GPS on 2003 E Class

Hi, Does anyone have details of what is happening with those who have pre-paid for GPS on the 2003 E class. Has anyone got it yet ?

Sam wrote:

I heard you get your E replaced. You might want to call your dealer.
.
http://money.cnn.com/2003/07/24/pf/autos/mercedes_replacements /
An similar article in Automotive News said that another 2000 or so people who "expressed interest" in the nav system but did not pre-pay got a $3k coupon for their next MB purchase.
Scott D

This has been discussed on www.edmunds.com. Look under Car Discussions-> Mercedes Benz->E Class-> 2003 E Class Comand/Nav Debacle

Look at MBworld.org under W211 (E class). Its has a much more extensive discuss on the Nav replacements and also the $3250 coupon
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s 29b58e86e42badf04be4ed3f3048e1&forumid

In Australia we started retrofitting the COMAND systems about 4 weeks ago. A bit more involved than they expected but all works out well in the end. The beauty is that during the installation, a lot of software is upgraded (and in some cases Audio Gateway modules) and this is helping to rectify some other pre-existing issues, phones..... Klaus