Ham fisted mechanics...another reason for doing your own maintenance..SL320 Oxygen sensor heating circuit

When I removed/replaced the Oxygen sensor on my 95 SL 320 I noticed that the cable from the sensor to the connector had been stuffed between the body
and the heat shield instead of being secured with the plastic clip against the frame. Apparently the mechanic that replaced the flexsdisk moved the connector and broke the clip and was too sloppy to fix it right. According to the previous owner all the maintenance work on the car had been done by MB The sharp corner of the heat shield cut through the protective sheathing on the cable and wore down the insulation on two wires effectively grounding those circuits. Hoping the Check engine light stays off.
Peter