Happy Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel Day North America !!!!!!!!!!

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/business/s_474419.html . http://www.cppi.ca/ULSD_Q_A_s.html .

Interesting choice of newsgroups to crosspost to. Willie, is that you?
Richard, jacking in from the Terrapin station port
Richard Sexton wrote:

The crosspost is actually relevent to all the newsgroups - even though it may not seem so initially.
The automotive groups are clearly relevent.
The gdead group is relevent because the Grateful Dead fans tended to travel in large yellow commercial vehicles.
The cannabis newsgroup was an observation in irony. Here you have a toxic fuel additive - sulphur - that is so toxic it is implicated in hundreds of thousands of deaths and the government has a rather unhurried approach to getting rid of it - even allowing 20 percent of diesel for the next 4 years to be the highly toxic form. On the other hand you have the cannabis - which the government's own figures show that virtually nobody ever dies from it - and yet it is the cannabis users and sellers who are the public enemies and arrested and incarcerated.
I supposed that was not an obviously implicit point.
I did not think anybody would notice the crosspost.
Terrapin Station is a nice place.
Happy ULSD day!
.
greek_philosophizer wrote:

Especially for me, I have 7 mercedes sedans sitting on blocks on the lawn in front of my trailer, I was desperate for someone to come along and help me get at least one of them running. One day soon I might be able to buy my beer by the case.
Why do you have 7 non running MB on blocks?

Where in New York are you roughly?
And I thought you just had an eclectic taste in NGs...
DAS
"greek_philosophizer" <greek snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
Ha!
Well, I do too.
I have not seen you comment in a while Dori.
Welcome back.
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Ah, somebody noticed. Made my day! Thanks!
The computer set up for accessing NGs was out of commission for most of that time. Plus I was away for best part of a week (a belle Paris...lovely journey - large compartment with comfortable table and electricity sockets, and a bar nearby, rushing through the French countryside at 250 km/h..) Mustn't say it too loudly here but it beats a Merc or BMW or...even a Boeing or Airbus anyday...
DAS
<greek snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
You are welcome!
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

My 1995 BMW 540 6 speed had to have its block replaced because of the effects of Sulphur in gas.Thank God for a company that honours its warranty.. phew.
Ahh... I still have my Nikasil engine on my 540iA... It seemed to be those who babied their cars see their Nikasil engine dies early.

mine had the block swap at i think 89K, has 144,110 miles on it tonight.. starts right up, runs purrrrrrfectly and i gave a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti a run for his money yesterday.