Happy Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel Day North America !!!!!!!!!!

greek_philosophizer

Interesting choice of newsgroups to crosspost to. Willie, is that you?

Richard, jacking in from the Terrapin station port

Reply to
Richard Sexton

The crosspost is actually relevent to all the newsgroups - even though it may not seem so initially.

The automotive groups are clearly relevent.

The gdead group is relevent because the Grateful Dead fans tended to travel in large yellow commercial vehicles.

The cannabis newsgroup was an observation in irony. Here you have a toxic fuel additive - sulphur - that is so toxic it is implicated in hundreds of thousands of deaths and the government has a rather unhurried approach to getting rid of it - even allowing 20 percent of diesel for the next 4 years to be the highly toxic form. On the other hand you have the cannabis - which the government's own figures show that virtually nobody ever dies from it - and yet it is the cannabis users and sellers who are the public enemies and arrested and incarcerated.

I supposed that was not an obviously implicit point.

I did not think anybody would notice the crosspost.

Terrapin Station is a nice place.

Happy ULSD day!

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Especially for me, I have 7 mercedes sedans sitting on blocks on the lawn in front of my trailer, I was desperate for someone to come along and help me get at least one of them running. One day soon I might be able to buy my beer by the case.

Reply to
Tim Donohoe

My 1995 BMW 540 6 speed had to have its block replaced because of the effects of Sulphur in gas.Thank God for a company that honours its warranty.. phew.

Reply to
Chris

Why do you have 7 non running MB on blocks?

Reply to
Tiger

Ahh... I still have my Nikasil engine on my 540iA... It seemed to be those who babied their cars see their Nikasil engine dies early.

Reply to
Tiger

mine had the block swap at i think 89K, has 144,110 miles on it tonight.. starts right up, runs purrrrrrfectly and i gave a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti a run for his money yesterday.

Reply to
Chris

Where in New York are you roughly?

Reply to
Richard Sexton

And I thought you just had an eclectic taste in NGs...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Ha!

Well, I do too.

I have not seen you comment in a while Dori.

Welcome back.

Dori A Schmetterl> And I thought you just had an eclectic taste in NGs...

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Ah, somebody noticed. Made my day! Thanks!

The computer set up for accessing NGs was out of commission for most of that time. Plus I was away for best part of a week (a belle Paris...lovely journey - large compartment with comfortable table and electricity sockets, and a bar nearby, rushing through the French countryside at 250 km/h..) Mustn't say it too loudly here but it beats a Merc or BMW or...even a Boeing or Airbus anyday...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

You are welcome!

Dori A Schmetterl> Ah, somebody noticed. Made my day! Thanks!

Reply to
greek_philosophizer