HARD COLD STARTING in MERC W124

Please help to solve this problem as i found an old MERC WDB124026 is hard to start in the morning! and the car will dies during deceleration... We changed the following

  1. spark plugs
  2. THe WHOLE fuel distributor!
  3. Air and fuel and oil filter
  4. IDLE AIR VALVE

please help

Reply to
CSC

Have you checked out your cold start injector? That's kind of where I would look. It acts like a choke. When the car is cold it richens the mixture up. Mike

Reply to
Just Mike

Thanks, MIKE, i will go and check it!

CSC

Reply to
CSC

You changed the fuel distributor... did you adjust the fuel mixture after that? Every fuel distributor is different so after every change, you must adjust the fuel mixture.

Try turning the fuel mixture adjustment 90 degree clockwise to enrichen the mixture... and remember the starting point... if sound worse, then go the opposite way.

Reply to
Tiger

OIC! can you tell more about the gas analyzer value? when i turn the mixture screw???

The HC, CO , CO2 , O2 and even LAMBDA value.... based on your experience

thanks

Reply to
CSC

That info is not important until you get your car started and warmed up... I do the old tech way and it usually work every single time... with a can of carburator cleaner... I'd squirt a tiny bit into the intake... if the engine sounds stumbling.. then the fuel mixture is too rich... you have to lean it out counter clockwise.

If the engine speed rise a tiny bit, it is too lean... clockwise...

You do this when engine is at operating temperature and the sound is not dramatic... a slight hum or stumbling... if it sounds the same as in no difference, then it is done.

Reply to
Tiger

thanks tiger! i will do it

Reply to