Hard hot start on 560SEC

While checking the fuel accumulator, I noticed black soot blown from the exhaust on starting. Must be running very rich which maybe explains the rough idle. Runs fine at speed, tho. I am running out of ideas.

Reply to
Bill Bunn

May have a leaking fuel injector. Bet it starts very easily when cold. If it has a quick cold start and awful hot start my $ are on a leaking injector.

It can be found by removing the spark plugs when the motor is cold; one or more will be wet with fuel. I speak from similar experience; one fuel injector leaked after the hot motor was shut down.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach