Hard shifting

I have a '87 w124 250D automatic.
A few weeks ago the car started shifting with hard shocks. When I press the accelerator half way everything works fine and the car shifts up
smoothly. When I press the accelerator lightly the gear changes become 'hard'.
Could this be a vacuum problem?
Regards, X.
Check all your vacuum hoses first. Especially the one that hooks up to the transmission. make sure it is a tight fit.
Tiger wrote:

Thanks, I looked in the engine compartment and all the hoses I saw looked good. Guess I'll have to crawl under the car then... ;)