hard starting

So the shop replaced the fuel distributor after all (sorry Tiger, it actually sorta slipped my mind, plus I got a rebuilt for really cheap), and my shaking at idle went away (along with shaking at full throttle at high rpm). However, now I noticed that I have to hold the key longer than before to get the car started. What could they have messed up during the swapping of the fuel distributors that would cause the car to need more cranking to get going? BTW, my little friend the black puff of smoke when the engine starts is still around. Oh well, at least the car runs smooth. Richard

Reply to
marlin

Taking longer to start cold and hot? I would say the fuel mixture is too lean.

Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
marlin

Too lean means too hard to ignite. Takes longer to start. How is the warm up? Car hesitations?

Too leans is not more power... it is less power, less torque.

Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
marlin
2 seconds to start... yep... too lean. very simple adjustment.
Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
marlin