have a 300SD, 240D, will and 560 SEL be as reliable?

Love these old Benzes! Looking for a nice 560 SEL to add to the collection. Got the garage space and the tools.

No it won't be as reliable but it'll be a helluva lot more fun.
Why not an SEC?
On Feb 4, 10:05 pm, snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net (Richard Sexton) wrote:

Hi!
I know of certain 560 SEL/SEC models that had a single timing chain that would suddenly disintegrate. Later went to the double chain, much more reliable. Also, some of the timing chain wheels were nylon/ plastic. Also disintegrate, causing serious havoc. If you are buying a 560 SEL/SEC, make sure the retrofit was done!
gamini Weerasekera

Only US market 380's had single row timing chains. Many have been converted to double row by now.
On Feb 4, 10:05 pm, snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net (Richard Sexton) wrote:

My next one will be a SEC. I've heard they have ultra comfortable seats. Going to get used to the 560SEL first. Its got 118k on it. Should I use mobil1 or dino w/3k changes as I do with my diesels?

Doesn't matter, either one is fine.