headlamp adjustment screws broken on 107 SL

I am replacing the lenses of the headlamp units on my 500 SL (107 type - european headlights). I noticed the 2 adjustment screws/cables for the manual adjustment of the units are completely rusted and broken.
Apparently these items cannot be ordered by Mercedes unless you order a complete headlight unit (something I don't need anyway, the rest of the unit is in good condition...).
Any thoughts how to solve this problem ?
Regards, Werner
Salvage them off junker headlamps.