Headlight bulb

This is one for the books. I have a 1989 560 SEL. Last night the right side headlight bulb went out. Today I purchase a pair (like to replace the two
instead of just one). I bought Sylvania SILVERSTARS to replace old bulb. Here is the really dumb question, how do you take the old bulbs out. I pulled the four prong connector off and then tried a few times to remove the bulb hosing. Is there a trick involved here. I figure that I can change car light bulb but the Mercedes has a set up that I can not understand!
TIA.
Bill G.
I don't know what wiring harness you pulled off, but put it back on.
Headlight bulbs are accessed via a "backcover"... you will need a screwdriver to pop that cover off... shine some flashlight there and you will notice that cover.
I don't know what wiring harness you pulled off, but put it back on.
Headlight bulbs are accessed via a "backcover"... you will need a screwdriver to pop that cover off... shine some flashlight there and you will notice that cover.
I did put that connector back on the light and then checked it's operation. What is the "backcover"? I've seen the whole light assembly in the back. It all looks grey, doesn't it? So where is the backcover (location). I really want to do this!
Bill

Take a closer look... it is there... looks like a big square cap. On the top, you will see a slot...
Tiger, isn't what you're talking about for the euro lights only? Richard

No.. American one also has a square cap there but is a snap-on type of plastic cover... whereas european is a bigger cover but held in place by metal clips.