headlight bulbs 95 420e

What are the best and brightest headlight bulbs for a 95 420e that project a far beam? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
surfside

First, I would inspect the glass of your headlight. Is it pitted? If yes, then it is time to change the glass. This is the number one reason that light output is reduced.

As far as the bulb is concerned, 124 cars use one bulb for both high and low beam... so I would recommends the +30 or +50 light bulbs made by Phillips or GE... also called high visibility bulbs. Forget about all the others such as cool blue (worse), hyper (just what it is hype), and all the cool high outputs bulbs (short lifespan and $$$$).

If you still want one step above this, then that is serious money.. which is HID projector kit installed... not just the bulb kit... it includes the HID projector to properly shine the light onto the road... leave this to the pro or very handy guy.

Reply to
Tiger

Silvania-Osram XtraVision, these are the uncoated high output bulbs. Avoid the SilverStar's or any other bulb that is coated to provide bluer light. They run hotter, last shorter, and the output is not as good as the uncoated.

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox