headlight wipers...........

1989 300TE cant get the wipers on the headlight to work, don't have the owners manual so i have no idea where to start to look for the problem. can anyone give me info where to start looking ? thanks for any help.

The headlight wipers should turn on when both (1) headlights are on and (2) windshield wipers are on. If you have tried this already, then it is just the basic electrical debugging: use a multimeter to check wires and motor (if there is resistance)
Joe A. via CarKB.com wrote:

thanks for quick response from everyone i will check the connections and make sure there is current. thanks again... Wan-ning Tan wrote:

Sorry. I meant windshield washer on, not wiper
Wan-ning Tan wrote:

If you mean the washer fluid its the same idea, no water unless the headlights are on. If it doesnt work than the line is clogged or the motor is faulty.
Joe A. via CarKB.com wrote:

Check underneath the lights to see of the connectors are still connected. I got tired of the wipers ending up in silly positions and I just disconnected them (who needs HL wipers?). Maybe the previous owner of yours did the same.
Another thing: Note that they only work if you use the windshield washers while the headlights are on.
Ximinez
Ditto... it only works when washing windshield with headlight on. It is a nice thing to have in winter when salt will reduce headlight light output dramatically.
And dirt, too, when it's raining or snowing with all of wet and slush spraying from the tyres...