Headrest question for 300e

I know this topic has probably been hashed over many times here, but I have a question about my drivers side head rest. It goes up but will not lower when the button is pushed. I know some linkage must be worn
or broken, I was wondering how hard of a fix it is...and how complicated is it to get the seat back off.
Thanks - Vincent

My 300CE does the same thing. I just push the headrest down with my hand.
Van, You might try having someone press down on the rest while you raise it. I had the same problem after I had sheepskins installed (they had to remove the head rests first) and it seems to snap into place.
VAN wrote:

To remove the head rest you need to raise it up and a notch that is not visible at the back had to be pushed to release it. If the headrest is forced the plastic part that hold the headrest can be broken. If that is the case you can open the back part of your seat and replace it. Cheap way to fix it is using either a tie wrap or metal wire to hold it, but you will not be able to remove it.
elie