Heat airflow problem 300CE

I get no airflow at the footwell. Seems the diverter isn't active. Otherwise, the heating system works properly. How is the diverter activated? Vacuum? Is it accessible w/o tearing the heater box apart?

It is vacuum operated. Let me ask you... is your defrost vent 100% open regardless which setting you choose? Meaning... air always come out of the defrost in large quantity?