Heavy Karl Says New S Klass in 07

Stopped by Heavy Karl's store to look at the new CLS. Big - er - small - well it is a disappointment. It is a CL on an E klass frame and it is tiny. So I asked about the new S class and when it is coming out. Sales
guy said in 07. I said that it is really due out this fall as an 06 model. So he went in and asked Heavy Karl himself I guess, and came back out with the info that the new model will be a 2007 and will be introduced in the early summer of 2006! I said that the internet has different info, and he said that the internet info is wrong. So will it be out here in the states this fall or not? And will it be bigger than the current miniS?
mcbrue under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
I can't tell you for the US - but world presentation will be at the 2005 IAA International Motor Show in Frankfurt, Germany, which begins with press day one on Tuesday, September 13th. Sale - at least for Germany - will start in October.
Juergen ---------------------------------------------------------------
mcbrue wrote:

Let's remember its REALLY only the early spring of '05 - despite M-B's releasing the '06 E350. The '07 SXXX models will probably be released in the spring of '06. That leaves the question of when will the '06 S class be sold? They have a few leftover '04 models that are being pushed out the door and their '05 models are being discounted $4,500 during February '05 - perhaps the '06 will be buy one get one free!
The new "S" model will come in two sizes: SWB with a 3.7L V-6 and LWB w/ two (larger) V-8s. (These are the ones for McBreu.) The car will be a bit larger, yet lighter, and have a better OS (operating system for its electronics). Probably more like a Macintosh than a PC!
So hang on Mc Brue, next spring your itch will be resolved - either with an S470 or a Lexus LSXXX.
Well if it starts selling in October in Germany, and in the spring in the US, maybe I should go over to der FatherLand und buy one there und hav it shipped back? Would they give me a discount to buy it over there? But suppose I get there and it is still like a roller skate that has to be strapped on - maybe I should just go ahead and dump this relic which has 129500 miles on it now. But what to buy - maybe a SUV, but NOT from MB cause theirs are worse than the S Klasse for eating up billfolds.
mcbrue in the trailer down by the river under the bridge
96 S420
Well McBreu, I almost bought a '04 S430 with 5.8 years of extended warranty for a only a bit more than the cost of a new '06 E350 w/ 5 years of warranty. Miffed that the S430 was snapped up before I had my act together. Now I'm waiting for the '07 E350 or '07 E320 V-6 CDI if it's sold in California or possibly the '06 or '07? S370 S-Klasse SWB V-6 (even though it strikes me as a price point filler). Whatever I buy will have a full warranty for my term of ownership - M-B can take the risk of building an unreliable car, not me.
G-Class...G-Class...
--
Randall Brink
Author
mcbrue wrote:

Even though mcbrue lives in a trailer and I am usually ready for a laugh at American English I found his phrase pretty straightforward and not 'funny'.
I would probably have phrased it similarly. Obvious, innit?
Cross the pond, get a car and ship it back home, no?
(Tour the factory, drive around Germany, CH, Austria etc before shipping, maybe? Very nice idea...)
That is if a US-version can be ordered before the car is officially supplied to the US. If not, do it anyway for the sheer fun when available later.
DAS
"OM" < snipped-for-privacy@none.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@pcisys.net...
So whut duz y'all mean bout gittin a laugh outta my english! We'uns talks raight fine english what is more'n ah kin say fer y'all over thar!!!
mcbrue coreckly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
Quite so!
DAS
"mcbrue" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Yes, he says so - but is it really true?
Juergen
Juergen . wrote:

My theory is the trailer is behind his mansion and he owns the river and the bridge too.
.
For the sake of this discussion it is.
There's also a Larry under an oak tree (I think he is/was in this NG).
If you like, I am in a hut by a green shrub overlooking a cherry sapling...
While we are in our 'rural' environments we are all using notebooks with a wireless internet connection connecting via satellite...
DAS
"Juergen ." < snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com...

I wish. I'm miles from anywhere at home and use a 28.8K dialup. There are no other options here.
Genesis of sign off - at first, some people thought I was a troll. So I live under a bridge! And there was this fat character on Saturday Night Live (an American humor show appearing late evening on Saturday). The character was a motivational speaker who would get all wound up and then conclude by saying he "lived in a van down by the river". So it just sort of all came together, so to speak. The river, bridge, and trailer have from time to time taken on certain allegorical meanings also. As to where do I reallllly live - well, it is true - in a trailer, down by the river, under the big bridge. And them ole boyz in thet hughe bak seat iz partying on rite now! Of course last nite in Charleston I did see Baker's new Maybach on the street in front of the beanery usns wuz agonna eat at! And it did look fine! So maybe I will have to transfer membership to the Maybach ng.
mcbrue consideringtransferingly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420 - (And when we all used to list our cars, I would list things like my 1961 hoe, 1976 shovel, 1984 rake, 1995 keyhole saw, etc.)
LoL.