Help ..........300 E 24 valve

G'day All,

I have a 1990 300e 24 valve model Benz.

Just had the vale guide seals replaced and the mechanic hit a snag.

He tells me that the thread on a pulley in the timing gear is stripped.

It is a left hand thread.

To repair this he has to get a M10 X 1.5 Recoil kit, which has an over size tap to put in the recoil, which then has the same diameter as the stripped thread.

A different company provides the tap to the recoil company and is messing them around.

I can buy a tap elsewhere but I don't know what size the tap needs to be for the recoil to fit in ???

Any ideas ????

Neil

Australia

Reply to
Neil & Maria

Replace the stripped gear?

I think your mechanic should take responsibility for this also...

Usually these type of recoil (helicoil) kits use a special tap....

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph